Welcome to Eighth Grade.
Egypt "Pyramid" Project
-rough draft of 2 sides and completion of those 2 sides due Friday, April 13th
1. Lent & Holy Week Packet due Wednesday, April 11th
2. Test on Friday, April 13th
1. Go to - www.readworks.org/student
2. Enter class code 7P7C4W
3. Default password is 1234
13 APOSTLE TRADING CARDS
***Due Thursday, May 24th***
1. Watch Documentary - Take Notes (will be collected)
-send via Google Docs by Wednesday May 9th at 11:59pm
Click on the link below to watch the Twelve Apostles Documentary for your project:
Final Exam for American History will be based on the notes packet from, America: The Story of Us with some additional questions on the Civil War
Thurs., 24th --- Color Run
Thurs., 24th --- 12pm Dismissal
Fri., 25th - Mon., 28th --- 4 Day Weekend (Memorial Day)
2. Enter class code 3JJHCL
3. Make your default password is 1234
Click on the link below to complete your web quest
For your assignment to be accepted...
1. Write neatly
2. Write complete sentences
3. Turn it in on time (due Wednesday, March 21st)
Web Quest due Tuesday, March 20th - download the file
*Students had 2 class periods last week to work on this
Feudal Japan Test next Wednesday, March 28th
2nd Trimester History Final Exam (will count as 10% of their major grade) - Tuesday, March 6th
ISLAMIC CIVILIZATION OF THE MIDDLE AGES
*Final Project Due: Friday, February 16th
JAPAN IN THE MIDDLE AGES
*Test on Friday, February 23rd
Journey Through Lent (Challenges) Essay - Friday, February 16th
Lent & Holy Week Packet and Test - Monday, March 26th
Almsgiving - Raising money to donate to Heifer International
8th Grade Religion
The Bible: The Gospel of Matthew
1. In Matthew's Gospel, Jesus is the Messiah who springs from within God's people (the ancestor's of Christ) yet is destined to be the Savior of the whole world (symbolized by the Magi).
2. Jesus' teaching is opposed by the Jewish leaders.
3. Jesus is shown to be both human and divine, as witnessed by his Transfiguration and his miracles.
4. Jesus declares that Peter is the foundation of the Church, and sends us, his Church, into the world with a message of love and salvation.
Key Scripture Passages: