St. Anthony School is a parish elementary school of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. It was established on September 11, 1956 and staffed by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondolet. In 1964, Fr. Michael Condon fulfilled his dream and a new sixteen-room school on South "C" Street was completed. In 1973, the school began to phase out of the double grades in keeping with the Archdiocesan policy. In 1990, the Kindergarten program was reestablished. In 2001, the first lay principal was hired and continued the same philosophy set by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondolet. In the fall 2010 St. Anthony welcomed its new addition to the facility a fully licensed Pre-School. Today, St. Anthony School is located on the south side of Oxnard and serves a multi-cultural population of students.