Athlete's Code of Ethics
As an athlete, you must understand that it is your responsibility to:
- Place academic achievement as the highest priority. Maintaining a minimum grade of a "C" in overall academics (No C-'s or below), a "B" in conduct and a "B" in effort.
- Show respect for teammates, opponents, officials and coaches.
- Respect the integrity and judgment of game officials.
- Exhibit fair play, sportsmanship and proper conduct on and off the playing field.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness.
- Refrain from the use of profanity, vulgarity and other offensive language and gestures.
- Adhere to the established rules and standards of the game to be played.
- Respect all equipment and use it safely and appropriately.
- Refrain from the use of alcohol, tobacco, illegal and non-prescriptive drugs, anabolic steroids or any substance to increase physical development or performance that is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, Surgeon General of the United States or American Medical Association.
- Win with character – lose with dignity.